Leica goodies stuff, is it any good?

anselm_priest

They re-opened fwe months ago under new management.

I purchased several things from them: two slings (to fit my M6 and M3), scoop and strap with hook. Must admit, I found only sling device to be indeed very useful as advertised on their web. The Scoop turned to be just a cheap piece of quite roughly done plastic, non convenient for eyeglasses wearer like me, doesn't fit the finish of M6 (sticks out considerably above the top plate - looks ugly). I took it off quickly (and apparetly lost of somewhere already). I had correspond with shop owner regarding that device - they responded they will probably try to improve the design in some future.

Strap is not userfor me also. It is not length-adjustable, the stiching of two ends is made quite rough and is not convenient when on your shoulder. Length-wise is may not suit every person and did no suit me. Moreover, Leica doesn't recommend having camera to hang down on one single eyelet for any prolonged period of time.

The hook is indeed clever design and may find its way into usefulness, however it primarily was designed to get coupled to the Strap for camera carriage, so once dismissing the Strap, the Hook was also iventually discharged from "service". Having said that, I see it as quite clever design and someone may utilize one for other goals then it is originally advertised by Leicagoodies.

• Like 1

The Sling is a must-have - totally brilliant. The SCOOP is just a slightly modified film can lid (!) but it works fine for me. I used the came principle to make my own "scoop" out of and APS film can lid and that works even better as it doesn't stick out top and bottom so much.

The stuff is pretty inexpensive so you shouldn't expect too much from it. I consider it Photo-ShareWare.

I concur. I love my sling & hook. Properly fitted the sling is pretty neat. I tried the shade and retired it. I use a slide on two M6s and have a sfill but haven't used it enough to have an honest opinion. I bought a package deal and got a swiss for free but lost it to an airport security check.

The stuff is cheap and fun and my experience dealing with them (when still in Zurich) was very positive.

"The Scoop turned to be just a cheap piece of quite roughly done plastic, non convenient for

eyeglasses wearer like me, doesn't fit the finish of M6 (sticks out considerably above the top

plate - looks ugly). I took it off quickly"

Yeah, all that, plus it keeps my $600. eyeglass lenses from turning into junk, stays put on the

M3 finder and allows a comfortable full-frame view. And...it came from Switzerland!

• Like 1