Diopter correction for Zeiss auxiliary finder

herve_laurent

Hello everyone,

I have a tricky question and I thought someone on this site may KNOW the answer to my question( Please

no Guess, answer only if you know)

Following the excellent review of the GX100 on reid reviews, I want to buy a separate finder for it. I have

chosen the zeiss 25/28 mm finder that would work for me

It looks like the finder can receive the diopter used for the zeiss ikon rangefinder

It also looks like all auxiliary finders are corrected for -1 (minus one) view

My eyesight is -2 (minus two)

therefore my question is :

should I buy a minus two diopter for this finder ( knowing again that I won't use this diopter on the

camera , just on the finder)

or should I buy a -1 diopter in case that the standard -1 diopter correction of the finder will add up

making -2 altogether

Thank you for the feedback

H

I use the zeiss finder with a diopter and find it an excellent solution. Somethings that may

help you. (1) I believe the diopters like the cameras provide a view that is similar to 2M..so

whatever correction you need to see something at 2M is what you need. This may not

match your eyeglass prescription. I need a stronger diopter to see my computer screen

than I use on my cameras /finders. (2) when I searched on the zeiss finders I found

conflicting information on the standard correction. One source indicated that the finders

were set at -0.5 and another at -1.0. I used the -0.5. (3) you are correct in that you add

the finder correction to the diopter to match your eyesight (4) the correction lens are fairly

cheap..were about $33 ....if you buy form B&H you can return them ..so trial and error isn t

a big deal (5) they(diopters) unscrew and fall off quite easily. I am still loooking for a

better solution ..something like loctite .