New In Box 124G- anything to be aware of?

sfdgs

I have the opportunity to buy a sealed, new in box Yashica 124G at a reasonable

price from a local camera store. The store owner said the camera is

approximately 30 years old. Due to the age and non-use of the camera, is there

anything I need to be aware of or look out for?

Bought a brand new Leica M4-P 25 years after manufacture. Most shutter speeds

were off at the start, but after exercising the shutter at different times over three or

four days all except the highest two speeds (1/500, 1/1000) have settled down to

gving quite accurate speeds. The slower than indicated high speeds can probably be

corrected. If you like the Yashica (the lens is good, if not exceptional) and the price is

reasonable, I would go for it. At worst you wil have a small service cost of adjustment

of functions.

... me again: The reason I suggested "Just buy it ...etc " is that, although the body feels a tad tinny compared to Rolleiflex, I was forever amazed at the quality of the lens. This first struck me back in the 70's when I projected a B&W negative up to 48" square on the darkroom wall. I didn't have paper or facilities to print that large, but I taped a few 10x8" pieces around within the image to expose samples - just to make sure I wasn't imagining what I thought I could see. The image detail really was amazing. I was the second owner, and it's film advance eventually became unreliable, so I shelved it. But I did get many years of good work out of it. (I still have it and wouldn't mind getting it fixed.)

Thanks for all of the advice. This is my first experience buying a camera of this age, but for the price, there really isn't much of a downside. Worst case senario, it will be a conversation piece on my bookshelf. I'll definitely post some pics of it when I pick it up next week.