years of shooting, I have been shooting with a Digital Canon Rebel XT. I guess

the beginner version so to speak as I see how many there are out there now. I

just want everyones opinion on what the best one is to get next. Of course at

this point I don't want to spend a fortune but I dont want to get one thats

basically the same thing as the XT. I do prefer to stay in the Canon Family

since I have a good bit of lenses that I can switch around with. So just let me

know what you think. I shoot mainly weddings if that helps you. I have the

occasional family portrait but really just want something thats fast, clear,

and just an all around great quality. Give me your thoughts please. Thank you!

Well I really have been pleased with the XT honestly. I just thought maybe there was a next step out there that was even better in quality and clarity. Basically to where I wouldn't have to do alot of editing so to speak. Like I looked at a 5D I believe and it just seemed so much clearer. I think its the lens I have on my XT that I just dont like, just cause it was actually the lens that came on my basic camera (film) when I bought the XT I just got the body since I was able to interchange the lenses...anyway hope this helps a bit.

Hi Amanda

How good are your lenses? I believe that to get the best out of any camera you need to have good glass in front of it. I have the Rebel XTi which I use with the EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS and the EF 70-200 f/2.8 IS L and the EF 50 f/1.8. I find that these lenses give me good results on that body. BTW a lot of professional photographers use the XTi due to its low cost and excellent IQ.

If you have lenses like those I listed then consider the new 40D as it would offer advantages in handling, speed and perhaps IQ. Buying a 40D wouldn't cost a fortune and would utilise your existing lenses.

Going to a 5D is a different ball game altogether as it is full frame. Besides the not inconsiderable cost of the camera body you would need to look at your lens lineup. For me, I would have to purchase a replacement for my EF-S 17-55. I would probably go for the EF 24-70 f/2.8L. The 5D body with this lens would, for me, cost a fortune.

SO, FWIW, I would first critically examine your existing lens lineup before embarking on a new body, otherwise give the 40D a look. If money is no object then go for the 5D + probable extra lenses.

Cheers, Bob

Yes I think Im just going to go buy a new lens at this time. Like I said I have been pleased with the XTI. And I do notice a change just in when I put my zoom lens on compared to the small one that I juse used from my other camera...so yeh theres a lens that I found the other day, which is probably the exact one you are talking about, so I think I will just look into that...thanks so much you guys for your advice...Amanda