artisitc_eye

Hello PN users!

I'm looking to find out who uses who, in the world of order fulfillment and

sports photography. I use EventPictures currently, and they offer photographers

a feature which allows the participant to search for their photo by the bib #

they wore for their race & also to create several categories in which to

organize photos.

There is a ton of competition in the market of order fulfillment, but not

directly with the ability to use bib #'s to find photos.

Thanks a bunch for your reply, I appreciate it!

So as far as EventPictures, it has worked very well for me. I am looking for another company, for a few reasons...

1. Not wanting all of my eggs in one basket

2. Hoping to find an easier to navigate site for the dear customers of mine that just can not figure it out... lord help me, I try to understand!

3. Would like to see the customers have the option to change an image to black and white, without me!

Other than that, and I'm a picky person... the site is fantastic! The price of storage, once you go over the 5gb free, is cheap & you can change it monthly as needed. There is no yearly fee. You set your prices, and they take a small cut which I consider worth every penny when there are weeks that I have 100's of prints going out at any given time... I would never want to handle my own printing, been there done that. I work full time, and value my spare time... enough so that, here I am! :-) What more can I say, you can have assistants work an event with you & earn a % of their sales that you decide on. The list goes on and on!

BUT! I am still interested in hearing from others who use a similar service, on what their set-up is like. So please, send me your feedback!

Thanks again,

Laura

After reading this topic, searching and looking at some of the different web sites offering this service I think smugmug is worth a good look. While their pro service fee is $149 per year it does offer lots of features. I plan on looking into this more as I see it as a great way to make a few $$$ for the pictures I've taken.

Hi Laura,

We use bib numbers for MX it's the easiest way to search and locate for events where numbers are easily visible and a good way to go, you have a mile of options regarding fullfilment check out print room, smug, and about a hundred others.

Pesonally I do all of our fullfillment in house we have seven shooters currently and I found the $'s better to opperate this way but the caveat is we are full time sports photogs and it's a full time opperation, we also offer onsite for large events only preffering pre order post process solutions at most events.

Not wanting to put all your eggs in one basket doesn't really make sense to me, why wouldn't you put most of your capital at one working solution? Regarding customers doing edits such as B&W crops etc, most good services offer this in there process keep looking around and you'll find a good one, being in Australia there were no local companies so I had to set about creating an end to end process which took a number of years to sort out but it works nows, there are companies in the usa and canada that offer great services that will meet your needs you just have to try them out.