Circular Poloriser!

warimages

Assuming you are talking about your current D200 then your camera measures the light coming Through The Lens (TTL). The polariser cuts down the amount of light entering the lens by 2 stops and your camera meter will see that reduced amount of light and meter accordingly. The camera does it all for you though you need to be aware of the 2 stops light reduction in case the altered settings are not right for the shot.

A linear pola at 1/4 the cost works fine on a D200 for exposure at any rotation and auto focus distance.

My Tiffin ones tend to make a green cast easily removed in ACR by adding 20 mag with the slider under color temp and 2 red under the tab with the 8 colors further to the right. I also have a saved curves correction for JPEGS that I apply with one click. I have 2 older Tiffins and one new one. They all do go green as do some early Leica swing out ones.

Check over white paper with a B+W next to it before you buy. The difference is obvious. I don`t know about circ Tiffin, but Leica and B+W are neutral grey with no color cast. I use them on film with cameras that do require a circ pola to function properly. D200 is not one one of them. The color is so easily corrected in ps, getting an expensive neutral one was not worth it to me.

There are so many more reasons to get a good quality filter than simply correcting a color cast in PS. Multicoating to reduce reflections, lack of any distortion being introduced, longevity ... I would never put a cheap piece of glass in front of any of my lenses, for any reason.