EOS 40D in Singapore

tim_b

I'm buying it from "Michael" at Southern Cross at Lucky Plaza, Orchard Road. Not sure yet if

GST is included - but yes, it may have to be added. However, some of that can be claimed

back, as I live in Thailand.

On warranty - I've got International from Michael in the past. Again - won't know until

Thursday on this one. However, how many Canons need the warranty?

As long as it's no more than the USD price of 1,299 - I'm happy!

You could try Alan Photo at Funan Centre and Sim Lim Square. As a matter of course, I keep wide berth of the tourist traps around the Orchard Road area. Try also Paris Silk or Mustafa Centre for price comparison. The Mustafa Centre emporium (man, these guys carry everything and the kitchen sink) may surprisingly offer you the best deal on the Canon 40D.

MS Color is decent. Cathay Photo is recommended for a straight-up no bullshit transaction.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've also bought from Southern Cross on Orchard Road in the past and got good prices on a 1.4x Extender and 10-22 EF-S. Know the price you want to pay before you go in there, and don't be sucked into buying accessories (filters, etc) you hadn't planned on getting.

I'd struggle with buying from most places in Sim Lim, but there are one or two reputable shops there.

Canon EOS40D Body @S$1495.00

Free: 2 GB CF card, lens workbook and Philip digital photo frame, valid till 28/6/08

Canon EOS40D with 17-85 IS Kit lens @S$2168.00

Free: 2 GB CF card, lens workbook and Philip digital photo frame, valid till 28/6/08

Canon EF70-300 F4-5.6 IS USM Lens @S$1102.00

E & OE

Please note that the above price(s) are:

a) ex-Singapore Store in SINGAPORE DOLLARS

b) subjected to 7% GST if purchase is made in Singapore (*).

Canon EOS 40D w/EF-S 17-85mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM -- sgd 2150.00 (2gb cf card)

Canon EF 70/300 f/4.0-5.6 IS USM -- sgd 1100.00

All prices are quoted before GST, valid for 7 days and apply to cash payment only.

Prices are from Alan Photo Trading.

Can it really be true that it is cheaper to by the Kit in Denmark where I am from along with canon Cashback?

The kit costs 3478 sgd in Singapore with tax and in Denmark you pay the equivalent 3400 sgd when you have Canon Cashback.

I thought it was cheaper in Singapore? Am I wrong?