Hi,

how do you price a high school drill team photo session? They're about 14

young ladies and they need a head shot and an action photo each. Somebody

wanted to charge them $100 per person but they thought it was too high of a

price.

Please let me know.

Best,

G.

I do the photography for free. The prints are another matter. :-)

I charge $15.00 for an 8x10 of the team and a 4x6 of the individual. That includes color correction, cropping and touching up major flaws.

I also offer 5x7's and 8x10's of the individual for $10 and $12.00 respectively.

Depending on the team / group figure on getting a 50 - 60% order rate.

Dave

I would price these the same as any other team photo where the customer gets a group photo of the team and an individual shot of the player. In addition to that simple combination in a "Memory Mate" folder that holds both, most labs have packages where you can print all sorts of varieties of the individual photo. A stack of trading cards (like baseball cards), packages of an 8x10, two 5x7, four 4x5 and eight wallets, for example. Just like school pictures. Not to mention putting the photo on a magnet, coffee cup, mousepad, etc. For $15 I would do a 5x7 of the team and 4x6 of the individual in a photo. But absolutely no retouching -- you can't offer retouching at this price point and still make any money (regardless of whether you're doing it yourself and have to consider your time and especially not if you're sending it out), and it isn't expected on this kind of photo package anyway. I would also do the combination just as the team shot and a posed individual shot, not a true action shot. It can be an action pose, but if you try to capture actual action you'll shoot a lot of frames and likely catch an awkward expression that the parents won't like. Shooting their actual performances and selling action photos from that can be done but is a different issue.