Classic Camera Usage Growing

Digital doesn't increase the number of keepers--it just allows you to eliminate obvious non keepers while still in the field. I grew up shooting film--never even liked motor drives, so I don't "blast away" hoping for something good to happen. But after I shoot maybe three similar frames, I will review them and there will likely be at least one that obviously doesn't work. So, I'll dump it. Over the past 20 years, with the advent of less expensive motor drives and AF, I suspect film shooters have been as guilty of "blasting away" as many digital shooters.

• 1 month later...
Jim, The only time the "magic" went away for me was when I was working full time in photographic processing which I did for some 14 years. So I know where you are coming from here. However as soon as I changed job (into IT support)I found that the "magic" soon came back. And now the last thing I want to do is spend time tweaking images in Photoshop and sorting/backing up image files. Everything has the potential to become a busman's holiday once a degree of necessity or obligation is introduced I suppose.