What do you offer?

jim mucklin

After doing a search, I am intrested in what services you are offering a bride.

I see the throw them a cd and run and the 4 hour packages. I looking for what

works in your area in real time as far as DVD slide shows, providing full res

disc, coffe table books,proof books. What works for you. I'm starting my

business plan and looking for some fresh ideas. I have a website so I can post

online gallerys there and have two great printers in my area so I have that

covered. Thank you.

It depends.

What market are you striving to serve?

I love and have a passion for the wedding business and my clients catch the same vibrancy

when I'm fortunate enough to be able to provide the memories they will cherish all their

lives with still photography.

A very important ingredient to succeed in this business is how to work with people.

My services are commensurate with what I get hired to do but the zeal and passion I bring

is the same no matter what the amount paid.

The beauty of this business is you can construct your own course, see if that works,

change it and keep changing it as you see it fit your vision.

Best to Your Success!

I think it really depends on how much you want to make per wedding and how much people are willing to pay in your area. Here's what my '08 package is:

6 hrs coverage by me and my second shooter

full resolution dvd of final images

10x10, 10 page flush mount or matted Zookbinders album

$100 print credit

online hosting

maybe a dvd slideshow

I realize that I'm offering a bit more than the other's in my price bracket but I'm new and what I lack in experience, I make up for in goodies :) I basically decided how much I wanted to make off a wedding, then added my cost of all the included items and came up with what I'm charging and it's average for my area.

I don't do packages, and I make a selling point of the fact that we can be really flexible. All my pricing is on my website in full so you can have a look there (although I'm not sure how our dollar translates to yours in real terms). Basically I let couples build their own package from my 'menu' of offerings. I don't lock them into anything and it seems to work! I do Queensberry albums and they have successfully created a branding for themselves that I just tag along with...they are the premium albums in these parts (no one else has anything near as good). So what I offer is the combination of two shooters, premium albums, and flexibillity. And my dazzling personality of course ;-)

Not sure what area you are in..... All packages I offer 4x6 boxed color corrected, final printed proofs (no watermarks) and an online gallery.

I offer 4, 6, and 8 hour packages.

The 6 and 8 hour package come with print credits. The 8 hour package also comes with a CD or DVD of hi-res files.

I don't include albums...... those are separate. Most of my B&G have not wanted albums. And like Nicola I make it a point that I can be quite flexible in adding or removing things they don't want or need to make it within their budget.

I'm in the south eastern New England area, and most of my clients tend to be middle class..... if that helps at all.

What you really need to do is research what others in your area offer, and what their pricing is.... decide where your talent and skills lie, and then find the place that you fit into that.

Thank you all for your respones, Bill I have relocated to central PA and I'm intrested in the over 20 age group, second timers, etc. Im looking to build a base for my business when I retire from the other one in a few years. I'm still old school and I can't get use to the idea of giving away the full res files and losing sales from it. But old dogs fall by the wayside and I must change my way of thinking. Great work by the way to all who have responded.

Thanks again

Jim