rokinon lenses?

xpiotiavos

I don't have any currently. Rokinon lenses were from Ricoh. Although Ricoh had a couple of bodies that were actually pretty good, they are generally regarded as being sub-par. They used a hybrid K mount which allowed their bodies to use Pentax lenses. But, as I recall, it didn't necessarily work the other way. In other words, if you have a Rokinon lens with the Ricoh mount, there may be some compatibility issues when used with an actual Pentax body. So, unless its free or pretty close to it, I think I'd pass.

Mel Unruh

I picked up a 28mm f/2.8 on ebay for about $10, which is close enough to free for my taste. If it's any sharper than my DA 18-55 @ 28mm, I'll be happy. If it isn't, I'll probably use it for target practice or something... ought to be entertaining enough.

I picked up a 400mm f/6.3 Rokinon lens some time ago on eBay, from a pawn shop in Las Vegas. Dead on arrival. They refunded the purchase price (about $10) and told me not to bother sending it back.

These are fairly pedestrian lenses. I just wanted to see if I could still hold-hold 400mm.

Of course, the vendor had thrown in what they described as a little tripod, which turned out to be a Bogen tabletop and ballhead. Some day I'm going to use the lens as practice for lens repair work.

I think they used to have a super-fast 55mm (or 50mm) f1.2. It was said to be 'not sharp' super wide but ok after a stop. When you figure the weight of the lens it is hard to justify purchasing an optic that cost more and doesn't match a standard 50mm f1.4 from Pentax.

Well, the lens arrived. The aperture blades are oily, but that doesn't really matter considering they don't use the same mechanism as every other k mount lens. You were right, Markus. Lens actually did fit on my DL though, and as you can probably guess, it's optically laughable: much worse than my kit DA 18-55mm @ 28mm.

Ought to be fun to take apart at least ;).

• 8 months later...

At least some of the lenses sold under the Rikinon name were really from Cima Kogaku, who also sold them directly under the Cimko MT name. Cima sold under a LOT of different names, including Super Paragon PMC, Carenar, Cambron (house brand of the notorious Cambridge Camera Exchange), Revuenon, and more. They also made the last (low-cost) set of lenses for Topcon cameras (RE Topcor), and the AM Topcor lenses with K mount.

They had a US patent (4,174,167) on a system by which one lens design could be fitted with a huge variety of mounts, fixed by 4 screws.

I've seen them with a huge variety of mounts, including M42, Pentax K, Topcon, Canon FD, Contax/Yashica, Nikon, Minolta MD, Konica, Olympus M.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
<p>My first "not normal " lens, other than my smc pentax 50mm in the mid 70's was a Rokinon 80-200 zoom. Got stolen during a trip to London. I have very fond memories and pictures to prove it was a great lens. More recently, I acquired a M42 28 mm 2.8 made/sold as a Rokinon. I find it sharper than the Minolta 28 AF on my Alpha mount system. My belief is that it was a marketing company peddling lenses, etc made by whoever, but had some stellar products. Here is a picture</p><div>00Wkus-254971584.thumb.jpg.fd2d79354ff493839b7ce8e2d027d392.jpg</div>

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...