Wide angle lens for Pentax LX

marc_berg

Pentax FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited might be the best, available new. If you're looking for older manual-focus lenses you might look at some of the comments in <A href=http://stans-photography.info/>Stan's Pentax Photography</A> page. Bojidar Dimitrov's <A href=http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/>Pentax K-Mount Page</A> is a good reference on Pentax's historical glass.

One of the cheapest/best quality lenses below 35 that you are going to find is the Pentax 28/3.5 (supposedly the K version is better than the M version but I couldn't tell any difference between the two when I owned them - they are both fantastic). IMHO easily one of the best bargains in the Pentax realm (expect to pay between $50-$100 dollars for one). When you start getting wider than 28mm the price goes up considerably so if you don't know what focal length you want 28mm would probably be a good place to start.

Marc,

It might be more helpful if you let us have a budget. However a persoanl favorite on the LX is the 24mm f2.8 A or K lens. Small and very light wide enough to be a great lens, but not so wide that it pushes back your landscapes too far. Great manual feel. Uses a 52mm filter.

There are many many choices even when you stay with SMC Pentax lenses. IMHO, Pentax is nearly always the best-quality choice for Pentax-mount lenses; indeed, world-class optics. I agree with Andrew's referral to Bojidar Dimitrov's Pentax K-Mount Page.

Thanks for your answers.

Actually my budget is below 100$. I do not want to invest much money in a lens, since I have

other 35 mm cameras. But I wanted to try something wide on the Pentax. 24 and 28 seem to

be a good choice. I'll have to decide if I keep the LX anyway.

Thanxs again.

Marc