13x19 paper shifts alignment during printing

I am printing with an Epson R2400 and a heavyweight (Crane Museo) 13" x 19"

paper. The entire images prints fine on an 8x10 paper size, but when I print

on the 13x19 size the last inch or so of the print is whacked out of alignment

perhaps due to the weight of the paper outside of the printer? The image is

useless until the lines stay straight and the paper does not shift during

printing.

Has anyone encountered this, and any tips for preventing this from happening?

I have found that, if you have "minimize margins" set in the printer driver, the last bit of printing is done after the paper leaves the print rollers. If the corners of the paper at the last-printed end are curled at all, the moving printhead carriage can shift the paper in the printer. Are you printing with the "minimize margins" clicked? If so, print without clicking that box; if not, maybe you do not have the paper thickness lever (at the right rear of the printer) set tight enough.

Let us know if either of these things solves your problem...

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t18130.html

"There's a simple work-around. Ignore Epson's advice to load the paper from the front using the straight-through paper path; this forces a very high print-head height that kills sharpness, and the paper frequently skews during loading, tearing the edge of the page. I wasted about 8 sheets of (very expensive) paper figuring this out. Instead you should place the paper in the normal rear (upper) loading slot, and apply gentle pressure to the top edge of the page with your fingers as it starts to load. This works every time."

You may find it helpful to flex the paper lengthwise and laterally, breaking up the paper's natural spring a little before inserting. Helpful with my 2200.

Some paper manufacturers seem to be backing away from 300gsm, emphasizing 250 or less.