Gallery of Italy photos shot with XTi?

courtney_goble

http://www.photo.net/gallery/caption-search/search?query_string=florence

http://search.pbase.com/search?q=florence&b=Search+Photos&c=sp

Also try searches with some of the important sights e.g. Duomo, Uffizi Ponte Vecchio etc.

However, many of the photos seem either not to offer details of the focal length used or are poor shots with the camera angled up and still chopping off much of the view. Using a wide angle lens held vertically (i.e. not tilted up), and if necessary cropping out unwanted foreground afterwards will get round those problems. Although it is quite a few years since I was there, I know exactly what I would take if I were going back today.

It won't matter if they are shot with a rebel, rebel XT, rebel XTi, 10D, 20D or 30D, all will produce web images of equal quality.

Almost the same goes for lenses if you're looking at web images up to 800 pixels.

I'd take a 50/1.8 and a 17-85IS, plus a 10-22 if I was a fan of wideangles. I I had lots of money I'd probably substitute the 17-55/2.8IS for the 17-85, or if I had the 10-22 then I'd look at the 24-105/4L

Bob is right... nonetheless:

I used a Sigma 18-125 for all these shots, in May 2005.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=501312

Today, I would probably take my Tamron 17-50, a 75-300. And I still need to buy an ultra-wide. (Like a 10-22, 12-24, or 11-18. But I have to save for those still.) Oh, took the Canon 50mm 1.8 to Europe last time, but I think I used it once or twice, but now that I have the Tamron 2.8, I probably would not take it again. (I might take the Sigma as a "back-up lens")

So, I would take 3 lenses total: 10-22, 17-50, 70(75)-300. 4th lens would be my Sigma 18-125 as a back-up, or if I feel like traveling light on a day trip.

No flash, and a mini/table tripod.

Safe travels,

Amol

Would second the 17-50mm Tamron and in my case the 70-300mmII IS. this and a G7 got me through a short Paris trip with a Leitz table top tripod. If you like nite time shots then bring at least a light weight regular tripod too. I borrowed a 15mm FE lens for wider views. IF money is not an issue pick up the 10-22mm lens mentioned previously. I mainly used the 17-50mm but the longer zoom came in handy for people stuff from a discrete distance during the day. I have recently bought a 18-200 SigOS zoom and may pick up the 10-22mm at some point and just try a 2 zoom kit. YMMV...<div>00MAaS-37856584.jpg.ae658f04c2c2e38b6c2ca30384227b0f.jpg</div>