Jupiter Images - Experiences

drfl

I have been toying with the idea of submitting my work to an agency. I have

researched several - Getty, Corbis (doesn't seem to be taking anyone), Alamy,

Jupiter, etc. and I am intrigued by Jupiter Images. I have a fairly large

collection of landscape photographs of the Midwest-Plains area - Nebraska,

Iowa, and South Dakota, to which Jupiter seems to be lacking as far as depth.

(There is only so many corn/wheat/crop photos that can possibly exist). I was

wondering what people's experiences have been with Jupiter Images as a stock

agency to work with, submit to, etc.

Thanks.

Jupiter is generally considered to be among the top four stock agencies with the others you mentioned. As far as them not having a lot of midwest photos, it can be seen as two ways. Those images don't sell and Jupiter isn't known for that niche, or there isn't a lot of professional stock photographers running around in those areas. I have a friend who has been doing agricultural photography for 25 years though so there are people out there who do that specialty.<p>

<a href="http://www.rwongphoto.com/">Two-Lane Road Photography by Richard Wong</a><br><a href="http://www.rwongphoto.com/fieldreport/">In the Field: Photography Blog</a>

Richard, any actual experience with them? As far as agricultural photography, that is not what I try to specialize in, I try and capture things outside of the "stereotypical" idea of Nebraska/Iowa, etc. I have found quite a bit of interest as the majority of people who live in this area are not rural based nor know anything about agriculture, so it isn't quite what I am trying to accomplish. Anyway, I haven't seen much about them except "They're one of the big 4" and that seems neither positive nor negative except for exposure purposes.