IIIc needs CLA

I can personally recommend the following:

1. DAG

2. Sherry Krauter

3. Youxin Ye

"How much should it cost"? = How high is up? Hard to say.

From past experience, an educated guess would be $US150-$US250 + return shipping.

Turn the rewind knob in the direction of the arrow until there is resistance and then back it off a little - it should turn with the next film advance.

If the rangefinder isn't too faint you could try a bit of red, exposed colour-print film over one of the front windows. If it works, a roundish bit, cut a little larger than the opening will stay in. My IIIC had the same problem and this has worked well enough.

This should get you shooting, anyway !

Sherry Krauter will probably give you a very close estimate by email.

Making the patch bright will make you happier with the camera. The orange filter idea works in bright light, but it's a halfway measure...maybe your camera deserves better and maybe you can afford more. A front surface mirror probably needs to be replaced...that's easier today than it was a few years ago, but it's not cheap.

It should all be easy to estimate. http://www.sherrykrauter.com/

Folks, nobody does Leica screwmounts better than John Maddox of South Carolina. His charges are reasonable, but he takes his own time, which ultimately is to your benefit, because he does it right. I have had many conversations with him, and he is a true southern gentleman in the best sense. He works only on screwmounts, and he has the ability to make many of the metallic parts. He worked on one of my IIIf's and when it came back, it glowed! He even resilvered the rangefinder mirrors. I have mixed emotions in posting this; I wish him properity but I still have other Leica's to send him and I don't want him to overbooked. Seriously, he's the tops.