Film purchase and processing in Paris.

david_seto1

If i were you, I'd buy all the films I need in Australia and process them back there. It's not easy to find a good place to process films in Paris, and both the films and the process are horribly expensive (don't even talk about when they lose your films...)

Indeed, expect to pay > 10 euros for a 120 slide film over there.

For this reason, or maybe as a result, slides are not very popular

in France.<br>

I now live in Germany, where a 120 Velvia costs 5-6 euros, a Provia 400X

around 7-8, and a 120 E6 processing 2.45 euros (even cheaper than in Tokyo !)<br> I cannot understand such

a price difference between the two countries.<p>

-- Etienne, French guy now living in Germany (and liking it :-)

There are many photo shops on Boulevard Beaumarchais, I think the metro station Bastille is close to it. As mentioned by others, slide films are not very popular in France, and you should be happy if you find some rolls of 100ASA Sensia (35mm) in local photo shops, let alone 120 format. Anyhow, prices for films (and almost anything else) are somewhat higher than in Germany.

I once stumbled across a fast processing lab in Paris but do not remember the address. All I remember is that they asked for something around EUR 5 for 24h processing - more than the equivalent of one roll including 3-day processing in Germany.

If you do not mind spending some EUR more you should buy a copy of "Chasseur d'images" or "Reponses Photo" (their leading photography magazins) and check the advertisement section, I remember having seen several ads of pro labs there. As business in France is much more concentrated to their capital as in other countries, most of these labs will be in the Paris region.