SOFTWARE TO PROVIDE A FULL SCREEN DISPLAY PLUS A COMMENT

Is anyone aware of a software product which provides a near-full-screen display

of a photo with a comment that can be entered for each photo?

Photoshop Album 2.0 provides a nice full-screen display without any text, while

Windows Photo and Fax viewer provides a near-full-screen display but with the

full filename (including .jpg at the end) plus the windows taskbar at the

bottom.

All I want is the photo and a text line- does anything provide that? And I

don't know or want to learn Visual Basic, which was suggested by another source.

Many thanks- Bob

PowerPoint?

Well, more to the point: are you looking to do some production work on this? Is it expected to turn into a file that anyone can "play" on their machine, or a DVD player, etc? Or are you looking to set something up that YOU will be launching/managing? Is the companion text going to be in a database, etc., or are you looking for the text to become part OF the images that are rendered/displayed?

In other words: tell us a little more about how you are actually going to be using what you're looking for - that might spur on some more constructive answers.

Matt- I need it to produce a file that will play (CD or DVD- I'd like to have the choice) on others' machines. The companion text can either be in a separate file or, as in the case of Photoshop Album, buried in a comment field per photo. I do NOT want it to become part of the image, rather to ride "alongside" it as a commentary that can be changed.

Thanks for thinking through these questions.

I've played a bit more with Photoshop Album- the "Creations" capability might suffice although there's not much flexibility in the comments (character string limited to 63, fixed font always in white text which isn't always ideal). I'd love to find something better.

Godfrey- thanks for the Sound Slides tip- I haven't had time to check it out but will tomorrow.

Cheers- Bob

Bob,

would you just search for a Windows based viewer ... irfanview could do what you want (given that you would place your desired textline into the jpg-comment or into an IPTC field).

But since you want to produce a "slideshow" to be stored on CD/DVD and to be played with "other machines" this will not be helpful.