Can I use my 35 mm for m3 with eyes in other leica m bodyes?

I think you can... the only thing is that the goggled lens would bring out the 50mm framelines in any other body. From what I've read, that's what this lens does in the M3, in which these framelines are then magnified by the goggles to show the field of view of the 35mm lens.

Good luck trying!

As has been covered many times before, the RF lens cam is cut differently on the goggled 35 vs the non-goggled 35.

They only will focus correctly on the film plane at infinity when shot with wide open aperature on other than M3 bodies. Stopping down will help but the actual depth on the indicated DOF will differ from that when used on the M3. Taking off the eyes will not change focus accuracy at all.

That's the reason the cam is cut differently on goggled 35s, whether Summicron or Summaron. Goggled lenses were made for M3 use, not later M bodies.

As with all goggled lenses, the RF image will be darker also.

Same problem in reverse when you use a non-goggled 35 on the M3.

Jerry

I have three 35mm lenses with googles - a Summilux, Summicron and Summaron. They are

substantially less expensive than M2 versions if you can accept the extra bulk and

inconvenience of the goggles. I use them with several M6 TTL bodies with no focusing

problems. Because of the goggles the finder is dimmer, distorted and prone to flare but

again the M3 versions are much less expensive.

Yes you can with no problems. I have the 35mm Summicron RF and the 135mm f2.8 RF and they work an any M body. They even work with the motor M contrary to Leica supplied information with the caveat that they cannot be removed without removing the Motor.-Dick

Yes, without any problem. I use by many years the Summaron 35 mm f/ 2,8 with goggles on my Leica M2. The 35 mm with goggles engaged the 50 mm frame, in the finder, and the goggles enlarge the 50 mm frame to the 35 mm frame. The only M cameras that are incompatible with all the goggles lenses are the Leica M5 and the Leica CL.

Ciao.