buying experiences: andrew glover - dagor77

dave42

I have purchased more than $2000 in items from Andrew (Dagor77) over the last few years and have always been satisfied. I know from experience that not only is he knowledgeable about LF/photography, but his integrity, honor, and fairness is above reproach! Jon

Have known Andrew for years. He is one of the few people in the business I would recommend as 100% honest. He is also one of the more knowledgeable people about older lenses. A fine young lad with a great reputation. You should email him and try to work out the problem, which you did not specify here.

I've also had no problems whatsoever & he's a great guy.

Without any details you are being evasive as to what the problem was - please advise.

Did he not include the doll with your purchase?

Your post makes me think I should avoid buying/selling from you.

I have checked into photo.net for years and have read many annoying/great and funny

posts but this one is so clearly a character assasination it isn't even funny. I have bought

from dagor77 for YEARS and have always found him to be accurate in describing the item,

fast in shipping and often included freebies in the box as well.

No reserve and a 77 cent starting bid on items costing $$$..how does he sleep at night??

Other ebay sellers should learn from him.

I think the original poster's intentions have backfired as a result of all the strongly positive endorsements that CP Goerz/dagor77/Andrew Glover has received in this thread. So as a moderator I'm not sure that this thread needs to be deleted.

I too have had excellent buying experiences with dagor77. The one time that there was a defect that he hadn't noticed, he willingly refunded my money.

David,

WHO is the schmuck here?

If all the sellers on ebay were like Andrew... we'd all be better off for the experience.

Unfortunately, sometimes, it's the buyer who is the "utter schmuck!"

But, best of luck to you anyway.

Cheers

Have bought from him and given the same items from Andrew and others I would give Andrew the dollars every time. His creative writing alone is worth the ebay time.

I will chime in here in support of the others. Give details as to why you call him this or stuff it back down your pie hole.

Michael!

This is a brilliant decision! When people make accusations or statements of this kind with out telling us what went wrong and why he is upset than itt should be left here as a example to show people who is the real schmuck here.

Otherwise, there are other alternatives to clear things up than go out on the net like this, like person to person.

And please Dave don't steel time from Mr Glower so he can continue with his beautiful carbon prints because believe me you are not even in the same league.

I've never bought from the guy, but if you knew anything about ebay David, you would know that his feedback speaks for itself. Just had a look at your submitted photos here, and if I were you, I would stop buying any more equipment, and learn how to expose your photos correctly first, with whatever equipment you already have!

Although it may now be redundant, I MUST chime in and give my two cents' worth...

...to the effect that ALL my dealings with dagor77/Mr. Andrew Glover have been among my best experiences EVER when it comes to buying large format gear. I've NEVER been steered wrong by the guy.

Additionally, he has given freely of time and advice when I had questions about lenses and/or equipment.

As for you, Mr. Okner, given the opportunity in the future to avoid you, I most certainly shall.

I think an apology from Okner is in order.

I observed this angry accusatory rant on the day I received yet another item purchased from Mr. Glover. It was as described, delivered on time and in a prompt manner. I believe that the many responses of a positive nature that have already been posted should greatly out-weigh the negative comments of Mr. Okner. Unfortunately, we don't know what transpired to engender such a statement of malcontent, but it certainly seems to indicate either buyer's remorse, or at the very least a misunderstanding of what was offered or described. I would encourage Mr. Okner to be more specific in his complaint and provide us with equal information as to what steps he has taken to settle his issue with Mr. Glover. Otherwise, as many have eloquently stated, "The schmuck is on the other foot."

Just for reference since we've seen no responses from the original poster I was on eaby earlier & looked at some of Andrew's listings - then his feedback due to this post.

I've pasted together what I'm pretty certain is the issue at hand - what appears to have been a book for 24. . Top one is buyer/bottom seller from each respective page.

I thought it was for a pricey lens or ... .

David, don't feel to bad. Sounds as if you weren't too timely on payment and are lucky Andrew even sent you the item rather than just returning your money.

If you want to come up to North Dakota and visit you will have a nice place for lunch as one of the local farm supply houses is having a special price on 'creep feeders'. You can chow down and then visit the local public library and read all the posts by those of us who have bought from Andrew and will definately buy again when in need of gear.