Ring shots: inspiration please.

Jena and Regas,

I don't know about you guys, but have you ever noticed the phalic nature of something going through the rings like that? I've found myself setting rings up like that and always either rearrange or delete them later.

My wife actually pointed that out to me and now I notice it every time I set rings up for a shot.

Just something to think about. Anyone else avoid that look or is it just me?

Ashley, I let them know during the initial interview that such shots as the ring shot are a great choice and ask them to have the rings ready along with the marriage license, the shoes, the dress, the bouquet and the partridge in the pear tree (Whatever they want photographed!).

If you let them know ahead of time then you're prepared to photograph them and they are prepared with all the items so they don't have to send out the inevitable search party which slows you up.

You don't have to worry about a "decline" if it's preplanned. If they opt to not do it for whatever reason then all is well ... it was their choice at that time.

Planning with the couple for these shots takes mere minutes and saves everyone time chatting about it on the wedding day.