Canon Extender 2x

michael_bizon

In my quest to ever lighten my camera load in the mountains, I would like to know if anyone has used a

Canon 2x extender in a professional sense. I take three FD lenses, 17mm F4, a 24-35mm "L" and a

35-105mm F3.5, since I seldom use telephoto, I was thinking about using a 2x extender on the 24

-35mm lens and leaving the 35-105mm at home, anyone have any luck with this set-up?? thanks

Here is the instructions that came with the Extenders.

http://www.canonfd.com/extind.htm

I see no precautions against using the 2X-B with a wide zoom. I can tell you that you will have a very noticeable reduction in image quality when comparing the combo with the 35-105mm.

You will have to decide if it's acceptable. And remember ALWAYS build from the camera body out never mount a lens on a doubler then to the body it does something wonky with the metering.

Yikes!! I see what you mean Mark, I have both extenders and never used them, I don't

have the literature, I'm already bracketing my shots 1/3 on either side to get the best

image possible, but having to take into count adding that to the info with the extender is

probably more hassle than it's worth, at least as far as available time for the image.