Rollei Hy6: pricing info

olegmoiseyenko

Russia could became a first country where Rollei Hy6 will hit the market!

Well, at least, they have started <a

href="http://www.photosale.ru/inc/price.php?show=1177662385252612">accepting

orders</a> for it already.

<br><br>

According to this site the <i>Rolleiflex Hy6 Body with folding viewfinder hood,

magazine 6x4.5/120, HD screen, accu, rapid charger, neckstrap, with lens AF

Xenotar 2.8/80 mm PQS</i> will cost 253900 rubles (<b>~9800 USD</b>)

<br><br>

Configuration without lens (<i>Rolleiflex Hy6 Body with folding viewfinder hood,

HD screen, accu, rapid charger, neckstrap</i>) will cost 148100 rubles (<b>~5700

USD</b>)

<br>--

<br>Kind regards,

<br>Oleg (aka <b><a href="http://www.pbase.com/omoses">oMoses</a></b>)

Whoa, I thought I heard that they were going to price them close to what the 6008AF sold

for...I got a demo 6008af with 80/2.8 AF, back and everything else for 3000...less than a

third of the price. Are you sure that does not include some sort of digital or something else? I

know Eli Kurland and Ctrades sell 6008 digital kits with older backs for around that price. I

spent more than a year living in Russia and never met anyone who would be able to even

imagine paying that much for a camera. Eto prosto bezumniy!

<b>Stuart:</b> I agree with your point and cannot confirm currently that these prices are official and final. IMHO, it is too easy to inflate them even with 100% profit while Hy6 has not released to everywhere...

<br><br><b>Wolf:</b> This is true... ;)

<br>--

<br>Kind regards,

<br>Oleg (aka <b><a href="http://www.pbase.com/omoses">oMoses</a></b>)

Stuart, these prices are list prices, meaning that street prices could be up to 20% lower (depending on your

negotiating position and -tactics). I don't have one on order. Digital backs are still too expensive for my use

because my activities are divided between photography and film making. I simply don't take enough pictures

to justify the investment and besides that I shoot a lot of B&W, which calls for the use of film. The Hy6 camera

itself (with a film back) is another story of course. It is high on my wish list. But before I buy one I will try to

publish a review based on a production line model.

I was referring to the film version at 3155...the digital prices are still on another level. It

might make sense for a professional with very high turnover, but for an amateur or emerging

pro it is really not an option. In any case, I look forward to the review if you write one...and if

you write it in English, as my Dutch is non-existant.