5D corrupt images

aubreyp

I recently bought a 5D and noticed it's giving me a number of corrupt images.

The image looks fine in iView, but when I load it into Photoshop with ACR I get

a big white chunk taken out of the image. Some images won't even open. This is

the same memory card I was using on my 10D last week with no problems. Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Aubrey<div>00LbkY-37101784.thumb.jpg.8c24179cc2a20173e3d92196975f6fd8.jpg</div>

Did you download it using a card reader, or did you directly plug the camera into your

computer? Whichever it was, try the other and download again! Might help...

I second the idea of formatting the card in the 5D before using it again...

This might eventually be a flash card issue ... you might test you card as suggested in ...

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00LZdi

It also might be an issue occuring when the image is transfered to the computer. How do you transfer? Do you connect the camera to the computer via USB, or do you use a cardreader.

If you connect the camera, get a cardreader, if you already use a cardreader, try a different cardreader.

It's always a good plan to format a new card in your camera prior to using it. It's also a good idea to format them each time you copy the images off - as opposed to just using the "erase all" function. The in-camera format "cleans things up" where repeated file erasings can leave your card(s) fragmented like a disk drive if you don't format them periodically. Good luck!

Hi. Thanks for the advice. I had formatted the card in my 5D prior to using it. I use a card reader to download my images from the CF card to my computer using iView Media Pro. All iView does (to my knowledge) is copy the files from the CF card to the computer.

I will try formatting the card a few more times and see if I have better luck.