Light and angle what do you think?

michael_kareha

I think it is pretty good for a wedding picture (I confess to hating wedding pictures because of a gig as a banquet manager in the 1960's). My only complaint would be that the top of the dress does not fit right, hardly your fault.

Study your Monte Zucker or Joe Zeltsman if you want to shoot in that style. According to their technique, the angle of the shoulder and head position are both incorrectly done. Also a pretty model of average size, needs to be "short" lit, and with less specular highlights. And I'd like to add that the camera height seems awkward too.

If Bill Gates had stayed at Harvard he may not have become what he did. If you study Monte Zucker etc. your work will try to look like theirs--technically well done but uninteresting, possibly even obnoxious. Follow your own star if you wish to achieve something original. (Please, no hostile email Zucker fans).

I don't care much for the lines. The shoulder looks a little forced and the PS skin work seems a little overdone. Generally with a portrait like this you want to turn the face at least a little more to the camera so that you can see some meat/skin on the outside of the eye farthest from the camera.

Monte's portraits were all built on a foundation of classic portraiture...it's always a good idea to know the rules before you start experimenting with them. Pretty bride!

If you did this at the wedding location, with nothing but a portable backdrop, a few portable flash units, some light modifiers, and a 30 minute window before the wedding, you're a genius. If you did this in a studio, it's still visually stunning, but there's room for improvement.

Overall, it has a "birdlike" appearance to me. It reminds me of a scene from Jurassic Park. There's a dinosaur that is walking away from Our Heros, but they make a sudden noise. The Great Beast suddenly turns it's head back to look at them. (With all due respect to the gorgeous bride).

Later,

Paulsky