Magazine Feature

Hey folks,

Hope you are all well. Sorry I've been MIA in recent months; I'm still taking

lots of photos but not as active on the internet for whatever reason.

Anyhow, if anyone's interested, my photography is featured in "Lodown"

magazine this month. They took some liberties with the layout and cropping and

so forth, but they gave me six full pages, and the whole thing required about

ten minutes of work by me, so I'm not complaining.

Lodown is actually an excellent mag. Apparently they had done a feature on

another photonet denizen, Ed Leveckis (many of you will remember him

as "Edmo") and I guess Ed turned them on to me, which was very cool of him,

because I never bother to promote my work. Incidentally, they tell me Ed has

become quite the celebrity since then, traveling around Europe and winning

awards and stuff.

Anyway, check it out if you have any interest. Thanks

-Beau.

Hi everyone,

<p>Lodown is kind of an international art-music-fashion-entertainment type of thing, published out of Berlin but in English. There are usually two or three photographers covered in a given issue; this month's issue also features Chris Jordan (whose work really like).<p>

It seems to be available mostly in hipster-type places, for example <a href="http://www.turntablelab.com/books_design/">here</a>. I know you can get it in several stores around Manhattan and Brooklyn but maybe their website has info on where it can be found where you are.<p>

The Lodown website is <a href="http://www.lodownmagazine.com/index.php">here</a>, but I should mention that the site seems to be a few issues behind the print edition and doesn't appear to mention me (yet). You can order the magazine from the site; I'm in issue #56 and Edmo is in #51. <p>Thanks

Hi Beau -

Congrats. I've always liked your work, so I'm happy to see you getting the recognition you deserve. Your B&W work is an inspiration to me.

I live in Brooklyn and am in Manhattan often, so please do let me know where I could find the magazine, if possible. I'd definitely like to pick up a copy.

All best. Keep shooting!

Regards,

-Mark

Good news on this, Beau. Congratulations ! <p>

Lodown seems not to be the easiest site for me to find my way around, but I was aware of Ed's photos there and saw <a href=http://www.lodownmagazine.com/index.php?page=13&modaction=showItem&id=348>this reference</a> as well.<p>

Question for you: where are you putting up your newer photos ?

Many thanks for the congrats, people. It's good to see that some of the old gang is still around.

Andy, I'm told the response to my feature has been very good so far, and I've struck up a bit of a relationship with the editor in chief, who seems to be a big fan of urban street photography. I'm definitely going to point him to my friends' work...

Michael, I'm afraid I've been a little lame about getting my photos on the Internet at all lately, even though I'm shooting a fair amount. This last winter, for whatever reason (impending midlife crisis?), I devoted a lot of time to playing ice hockey (I know, I know), and my league's games were always late at night when I otherwise would be developing film and printing. With the season over I've been trying to catch up on this huge pile of exposed film, although I've got a backlog of other projects going on too (some commissioned graphic design projects, etc.). My hope is to drop a big pile of new images into my website at some point this summer.

Ray, yes, still got the Hassy, though I don't carry it around much. I'm going to be in Europe later this month and intend to bring it along for some tripod-type stuff. I'm still quite happy with the Leica, and really liking film more than ever (other than the time required for processing it - I have to hire an assistant!).

Take care everyone, and drop a line when in NYC.

• 1 month later...