after it was burned. I recently shot in raw and was learning how to have the

computer read the files. I did install different microsoft programs and finally

figured it all out. I bought a card reader and wah lah! I realized I probably

did not have to install anything. However, i was wondering if by doing so, it

messed up settings or something in my computer that is causing it to not read

the CD-Rs. They do get burnt, but, I can only play them on my dvd player and

not the computer. Even the previous ones I can not view anymore. Do I need to

call geek squad? I'm thinking it is something rather simple and I'm just

missing it. I really hate to spend alot of money to have someone figure it out.

Is there a good program that would be recommended for me to get that would burn

images and my clients will be able to view as well with no problems? Thankyou,

Denise

Nero 7 Suite is possibly the best program out there for burning CDs and DVDs. I've never figured out the Microsoft burning tools, and have no inclination to do so.

If you are burning a DATA CD or DVD, and finalizing the disc, you should have no problem reading it on the computer. Most set-top DVD players will play images on a data disc like a crude slide show.

It sounds like you are compiling the images into some sort of video slide show - which should not be done for archiving purposes since you can't retrieve individual images from the disc. You should be able to view anything you create on the computer, provided you use the correct software for reading the discs.

Hi Denise

a small and fine CD/DVD burner program can be found under <www.deepburner.com> with the freeware version. It does most you will ever need except copy 1:1 CD/DVD's. Maybe you just forgot to close and finalize the DVD after burning, this is made via a setting in the burning software? Deepburner calls that "no multisession" in the second dialog. Can you see anything on the DVD in Windows Explorer on the computer, maybe the DVD does just not start automatically anymore? A right click on the DVD drive letter --> properties --> autoplay shows you these settings. greetings, Markus

Thankyou very much for answering my question. I did try to right click and open with explore and it did so for me. I was able to view the photos, no problem. Thankyou again! I was curious though, when i have burned cd's before they always showed up as a slide show. I cannot get prints from a cd like that? I never knew that. How would I burn a cd without it being a slideshow. Like I said, I am rather knew at the computer. Thanks again.

Denise