Web traffic on your wedding site -- # of unique visitors vs. # of inquiries

daneev

Hello all,

I'm curious what kind of info is out there about web traffic on wedding sites.

How many unique visitors do you get to your site monthly vs. # of inquiries?

Anyone care to discuss? Ratios are fine if you don't want to give away your

real #s. :)

mine is somewhere in the realm of a gazillion (visitors) to one (inquiry). I

need to work on this, but I want to be realistic with my expectations, so

thought I would see how ya'll are doing. thanks in advance!

best,

d

Your never going to get anything like 1:1 but I can guess why your currently sitting on 1,000,000,000,000,000:1 - the website is quite slow (on my macbook pro with 8mb broadband) and, more to the point - there does not seem anything to contact you about!

You are not directly offering wedding or commercial services and you dont mention print sales - so why would people contact you?!

I agree with Andy as well, great stuff on there but no reason to really contact you. Question was - "web traffic on your wedding site" I don't know, maybe I missed something but I didn't see a single wedding image on there.

And it's hard to say exactly how many actual unique visitors go to my site since some folks don't allow cookies, some log in from libraries or schools and some might have recently cleaned out their temporary interenet files, hence throwing the numbers off more than a bit. So keeping this in mind... my logs show me at about 600:1

also a few of those inquiries are from folks that hadn't even visited my website. So I can only guess at what the real numbers are.

My ratio is about 350:1, but I think my website does a great job pre-qualifying clients. It has answers to everything a client might ask, so if a client immediately sees something they don't like they can move on to another photographer rather than calling me and asking. Of the 1 phone call I get out of my 350 website visitors I book 99%, so I think my website is doing a great job of sending clients who are a good match for my style and product offerings.

Danee, your site loaded relatively quickly for me. It wasn't overwhelmingly fast, but it

wasn't too slow to wait for either. I'd put it on par with the load-time of most flash sites.

My question: what sorts of inquiries are you expecting to receive? You posted this in the

"Wedding and Social Event Photography" forum, but it doesn't appear that you do either.

If you're hoping to get inquiries from people wanting wedding work, or event work, or

even portraits, you really need to showcase "Weddings" and "Events" and "Portraits".

Your work is LOVELY -- I really enjoyed looking at your blog! -- but you appear to be a

fine artist and a journalist. If I was looking for someone to photograph my wedding, or

take a family portrait, I wouldn't contact you.

I'm not too familiar with the fine art industry, but I would guess that "inquiries" for your

type of work come in at a very different rate than do inquiries for wedding or other more

consumer-based work.

many thanks all to your feedback! i didn't actually think you'd try to see the site itself! i have a separate wedding site from my travel/documentary one... weddingsbydanee.com. Honestly, the ratio of hits to inquiries is about 300:1 for that site.

Mike, thanks for the feedback on loadtime on my other site. I will see if I can do anything with that today.

I don't have an FAQ section (as I figure that everyone else has the same frequently asked questions on their site, and brides look at a lot of sites before getting in touch with anyone).. but Ryan i appreciate the fact that you think of that sort of thing as client prequalification... I need to reconsider my stance, obviously. I guess I was trying to let the work speak for me.

Do you all have any recommendations as far as additional content that might help drive inquiries?

Really appreciate your time!!!

Best,

danee

15:1 visitors/inquiries

2:1 inquiries/hire

Now we are at a point of not taking any more clients for this year :(, but that's for $1500 per wedding, no album. I don't know what we are going to do next year (where to advertise) as we'll try to get to $2,500 - 3,000...

SY-

Kosta.