cannot find anyone to cross process film-please help!

Hello! I was going through some pictures of my sister in laws and found some

beautiful shots that were so different looking. She told me she shot them with

her Holga and gave me a run down on the basics. I got a Holga, shot a roll and

now am trying to develop it. I live in a relatively small town ( 100,000) and

it only had a few camera shops. They said they will not cross process film.

Any help or ideas on what to do? I am assuming your Walkgreens and CVS' will

not do it either, right? Is there anywhere I can send it off to? Thanks so

much for any help. I am a very new beginner and any info would be very

helpful!

Worst case scenario you can develop normally and use Photoshop for creating the cross processing effect. Have used it with a few shots and it works really well. you can send me an email and I?ll email you the shots... stereonauta@gmail.com

Here's some good info (easy steps) on how to do it with PS. http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tutorials/or/cross-processing.html

Did you shoot Color Negative film? New Lab in San Francisco will still run color neg film in

their E-6 Line. You may want to contact them first. Make sure you mark your film very well

before sending it in or it wil get run in C 41.

http://www.newlab.com/traditional-services/e-6_processing.html

I am sure there are labs in most big cities that will still do this.

The normal way was to run somthing like vericolor neg film in Ektachrome chemistry(E6)

Yes,

I run the Samys camera film lab in Santa Barbara, California. We can cross both kinds of films (E6 and C41). I would recomend shooting Kodak EPP and running it through the c41 process for the best results.

With different films you can get different results.

You can email me at matthew.minilab@gmail.com and I can send you back pricing information, and other helpful hints when shooting.

For the last 30 years I have owned a custom lab in Northern New Jersey known as TPI, and we run both C41 and E6 hanger machines daily. We offer two hour service for any kind of cross processing including push or pull in 1/3 and 1/8 stop increments. Our E6 line is quite large and a Kodak Q-Lab as well. Feel free to contact me off list if you need more information about mail orders.

john c

tech photo & imaging

fairfield, nj

• 1 month later...

> Or re-spool the roll into an empty canister and don't tell them it's slide film.

Definitely do not do this as many labs cannot scan many slide films when they have been cross processed. I myself have tried quite a variety and the auto carrier spits out about 40% of them. The film base is simply too colourless for the carrier to detect in order to advance the film.

• 1 year later...

Michael D'Avignon , thank you for your post.

Go to http://RecordOnlineGuide.blogspot.com and find Top Ten list of where to find the best public record search databases online,Search thousands of official public record sites to find court records, criminal records, property records, and more. Find people, property, criminal and civil cases, and other background check information quickly, easily.

• 4 weeks later...

I take my film to a CVS in Texas. I took my first roll of Ektachrome in on Monday of this week and when I dropped off the film, I asked the girl behind the counter to process the film as C-41 prints. She argued that it would ruin my film, but I responded that I was ok with that. I told her that I wanted it ruined. This seemed to work.

She did call me later to notify me that the negatives had to taken to another location for printing, as they did not have the right type of print processing equipment. Granted it took a little longer than standard processing because of the transportation, but the results were worth it.

I think that if you let the shop know that your willing to pay for their time, even in the event of ruined film, they'll be more receptive to the experimental.