Lenses for the Evolt 500

mykb93

I am new to the whole DSLR thing, infact new to everything except a point and

shoot Canon SD630. My question is, are the Zuiko lenses the only lenses that

will fit this camera? Are there others out there that I can fit on the 500

body? I have the 2 lens kit with the 40-150 and the 14-45 and would like to

upgrade to a lower f/ but do not really have alot of $$ for the best lenses.

Can anyone help?

I read in the review for the Panasonic Lumix that is a four-third system camera, that the Leica lense it comes with would fit any of the Olympus E system series. You might want to have this reconfirmed by someone more knowledgeable here, but if you can afford it, Leitz glass would be something to aspire too. However saying that, the Zuiko lenses themselves are no mean slouch and in most cases better than the offerings from Canon and in some cases Nikkor too.

If you are looking for cheaper lenses the only option would be to get those OM adaptors and use older Zuiko glass with manual focusing. Metering might be a problem though.

Yes, the Leica lenses for the Panasonic will fit your Olympus, but they are very expensive.

Sigma also makes several lenses that will fit. B&H shows 10. They have a 30mm f/1.4 which is the speed champ right now. But it cost over $400.

Don't overlook the mid range Olympus brand lenses. They aren't necessarily any more expensive than the 3rd party lenses Two months ago, I bought the highly regarded Olympus 14 - 54 mm f/3.5 for just $279 USD.

Worth every cent! A wonderful lens that has significantly improved the low light handling of my E500.