Sover Wong

rick_helmke

Mr. Wong was reccomended to me on this forum as a source for some MD-2 parts

and it looks as though what he sells will certainly be an upgrade to OEM parts,

specifically the brass gears. Problem is, my repair outfit ordered them, set up

on PayPal, paid for them, and a month later there is no sign of them. It's a

small package and has to travel a long way but still ought not take this long.

He hasn't replied to e-mails the last week or so. What's his normal turnaound

time? I just need parts, not service. I've been trying to get this rig repaired

since November and I guess I'm getting frustrated.

Rick H.

Sover has always quickly responded to any email I have ever sent him. He usually returns

serviced items or parts requests via Royal Mail. This takes abut two weeks to Hawaii, in

my case. He will will use an expedited service if you ask. Sover has two accounts with

PayPal. He prefers to use one over the other depending on whether the order is for parts

or service. This has something to do with tax, I believe. The first time I paid him to

service one of my F2 cameras, I sent the money to the wrong account, but he quickly

refunded the amount with instructions to use the proper PayPal account.

I've never heard a disparaging word about Sover Wong and his work is absolutely the best

in the world when it comes to repairing/servicing Nikon F2 bodies and accessories. I

sincerely hope he is alright.

I can't imagine what has happened in your situation, Rick. but you can rest assured it has

nothing to do with Sover being any sort of charlatan. He is a good man.

I have read only good things about him and his work and am mostly suprised at this. This isn't a big purchase, probably more trouble than it is worth to him but I wish I could track these gears down. It's a paper weight until they get here.

Rick H.

I've only had good experiences with Sover Wong. He always responded to email quickly.

Never had any problem shipping or receiving gear to/from Florida. Sover is a trustworthy

guy so I can only imagine he doesn't have access to his email for some reason.

• 4 weeks later...

I found this post by chance.

The only MD-2 brass gear I sold recently was to Dale at Camera Service Center LLC, Alabama. I have not received an email from Rick directly. Maybe Rick and Dale are working in the same place?

The gears were sent to Dale, but somehow never received. So, I sent him another set which was received last week. Also, I sent Dale the circuit diagram as he broke several wires inside the MD.

I always reply emails within 24 hours.

My email address is

I removed Sover's e-mail address from the last post. Internet forums are places spammers harvest addresses.

You can get Sover's e-mail address by clicking on his name on the above post and then request it from photo.net. I'll have it again below. It is all one word for the part before the @ sign, so please remove the extra spaces yourself:

sover f2 repair AT yahoo dot com