Funny pictures - present to B&G?

mcarter

that one was straight out of the camera... of course I'd edit/crop before presenting. Just didn't know what most people did with images like this. I've had so many hilarious candids from some weddings I've been tempted to include a DVD labeled "Gag Reel".

You know what people? You don't need to get the point of the photograph. The only two that do need to get the point are the bride and groom. No it isn't a shot that they are going to get an enlargement from, but if it is somebody that is important to the couple on a personal level they will love it, just the way it is. No editing, no cropping, no post production, just a snapshot of the day.

Hee hee..right on Dave! Sometimes people just totally ignore the point :) Micah, I think it depends on the couple. If they have a good sense of humor and had a lot of fun with their wedding, then definitely. I think most people enjoy a few "outake" shots. But, if the couple is super reserved and big on appearances, I wouldn't include any that would embarrass them (only ones that embarrass their attendants, all brides love that..it makes them look better :).

I once included a hilarious candid of a guest who was threatening to take photos of me... I always get out of this by taking photos of them while they try... and I got this great shot of this guy with his hand up pointing... laughing... mouth open talking... I put it in BW and added it to the proofs. B&G LOVED it, tuns out he's a dear old family friend who is rarely seen candidly (he's a dr.) so it was a total hit. If you capture a cool facial expression, go for it!