I ordered some Kodak EIR the other day and from doing some reading, I've seen that a lot of people shoot

it with a yellow filter. I'm wondering would a Y2 filter be a good choice?

Also, I think the suggested EI was 200. Would this be with the IR filter on or off. I guess I'm wondering

what the metering tips for EIR are.

Thanks!

I've used a No.12 yellow with interesting results.An EI of 200 is the suggested starting point bu the film will respond differently throughout the day as the amount of infrared light changes. Bracketing exposures becomes essential.

I am still waiting for a backorder of twenty rolls to arrive. I will miss this film.

I have found good success at ISO 200 in "sunny" conditions, and about 320 in "super bright contrasty sun". I don't think I'd go less than 200 unless it was bright cloud, but then you're losing alot of IR, so why shoot the pricey stuff anyway? I don't think I'd go higher than 400, max, either. But keep in mind, as with other color slide film, it's always better to underexpose if unsure. I agree that the #12 yellow is the filter to use, and you don't have to worry too much about filter factor. I've used an orange filter with some interesting results, and have seen green do some interesting things as well.

• 4 years later...
<p>exposure iso varies depending on lighting conditions and altitude. the iso can vary from 40-400. the majority of your environments will probably be between 200 and 400. this film is a bit more sensitive to overexposure than most slide film. you can get away with a +/- 1/2 stop. as for focusing, the film is one layer of IR and one layer of Red/Green channels. So you're half and half with spectrums. as far as shooting environments, flat lighting is actually best. open shade or shade will yield some great results. full sun can be great, but isn't always best. this film is really versatile and quite unpredictable. have fun. i find that the typical orange filter will correct skin tones but there are many other filters out there that will create great effects depending on the subject. the standard red filter will be very contrasty but can be really great if the image works with it. a light green-yellow filter will also yield some great results. i find it best to stay in the yellow-red family of filters though others can be great depending on what you are aiming for.</p>