Need a briefcase bag to carry:

dimi3

Eric, thanks a lot. Domke j-803 is really what I`m looking to during last week. Do you really think it will be possible to carry both cameras and 3 lenses in it. Unfortunately there is no official distributor in my country, so I`m blind and can`t test capacity of 803. But I really like most of all. And I have some inserts left from my old lowepro bag. So, I`m waiting for your advises.

Dmitry, you should be able to fit your gear into the J-803. Although, you might consider the somewhat bigger F-804 Super Satchel:

http://www.tiffen.com/displayproduct.html?tablename=domke&itemnum=701-84B

The problem with briefcase-type bags in general is that they're slim from front to back. As such, you mostly have to take lenses off camera bodies to get them into the bags.

(A)llison, notwithstanding what you subjectively think of the "LOOKS" of Domke bags, they are made out of the best materials and have been very popular with press photographers in particular since their introduction decades ago.

In any event, if you have a better suggestion for a bag that would fit Dmitry's needs at a better price ...

I have had a Tenba briefcase bag for years now, and it looks like a briefcase (albeit a hefty one) and it takes an SLR with a short telephoto lens.

Has a hidden pocket for a cellphone you can reach from the outside.

http://www.cambridgeworld.com/tenba_p415_briefcase_camera_bag.htm

Shop around for the P415 model. Surprisingly, Cambrideworld's price isn't bad.

Domke 803 is too narrow for R8. The Chinese copy costs about $20 (in China) and comes with much better set of inserts. Time will tell whether it will be as durable. I have one of each so I can compare. My Domke is starting to show serious signs of wear after some 3-4 years of heavy use, and the stitching in the top came loose and I had to fix it myself. I suppose it could have been repaired under warranty but the trouble of sending it in (and probably having to fight to get it fixed free) was more trouble than I was willing to handle.

<i>Surprisingly, Cambrideworld's price isn't bad.</i><p>Their prices are never bad. That's why they have a 0.29 out of 10.0 rating at <a href="http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Cambridge_Camera">Reseller Ratings.</a><p>

I like Domke bags and have several of them, and while the bags themselves have not fallen apart, my Domke "postal pad" (feels better on shoulder) is falling apart and some of the straps have gotten sticky as the rubber has deteriorated. I would probably look at the Chinese copies the next time I need a bag.