Red Eye and Brackets

I am considering purchasing a bracket for my Nikon D70 and SB800 flash combo. I

recently shot at a corporate event and now have to edit roughly half of the

images due to red eye. I do not like to use the red eye feature on the camera

due to the multiple "pre-flashes."

Is a bracket my answer?

Any shortcuts for reducing red-eye in PS? Like 300 images....

Thanks!

In theory, moving the flash away from the lens axis will eliminate red eye, but does depend on the angle.

At very close distances it will work, but if for example your subject is a fair distance away then the relative difference in position between lens and flash will be less and you may still get the red eye

Red eye removal looses original color of eyes, replacing it by a default, black, dark grey, or a color of your choice, but a blond persons with blue eyes could certainly object that.

I used D70 with SB-800, and with SC-29 cord on Stroboframe Press-T bracket, and do not get red eye at distances you mentioned.

You will also need Anti-Twist Plate for D70 (same as for F4) camera, Stroboframe Catalog Number 300-NF4, and Anti-Twist plate for the Nikon SC-29 cord. This setup is as good as it can get, but you can use other cords and no anti-twist plates, if you do not move your camera vigorously.

Red eye removal looses original color of eyes, replacing it by a default, black, dark grey, or a color of your choice"

Not true, for Lightroom, anyway: the red-eye tool adjusts the pupil (the hole in the middle) not the iris (the coloured bit). It doesn't let you adjust the colour of either, but does let you select how dark you want the pupil to be and also how big.