Polaroid with a Hasselblad

gwendolyn_white

I'm new to Polaroid and I just purchase a Hasselblad Polaroid 100 film back.

I've been tinkering around on it and it's all fine and dandy, but I'm wondering

about the exact area that gets shot on the film. It's a very small percentage of

the entire Polaroid, on my back/film, and I'm wondering how I can fill up the

<i>entire</i> Polaroid with the picture. I know Polaroid cameras do this, but I

could have sworn some people were doing this with a Hasselblad as well.

I thought that but at the same time I could have sworn that there was a way of filling up the entire Polaroid. My sister is a model and on photo shoots the photographers who shoot film always shoot Polaroid first, and my mother would take the thrown away Polaroid's home. I never remember the Polaroids looking like this though, and the photographers, I'm fairly certain, used a Hasselblad. My sister even saw my back and recognized it from sets she has been on. So... this is confusing me. Is there another type of back that fills the entire Polaroid?

Sorry... a Mamiya RB67 Medium Format camera when you remove the rotating film back

and use the "P" adapter with a Polaroid Film back using the same size Polaroid film gives

an image almost 7.65 cm by 7.65 cm...utilizing almost all of the surface.

A positive for keepsakes no doubt.

Better yet when you use the soon to be discountinued Type 665 Polaroid film you get a

BIG Negative and a Positive that size...

Awesome fine grained film...Leibovitz utilizes it in her current exhibit fotos.

Good luck

JT

A lot of fashion photographers use old Polaroid 110-type cameras, that use the full Polaroid

area. Or, newer Littman 45 conversions. But, the medium format cameras i'm familiar with do

not use the full Pola sheet. It's unfortunate. 6x7 cameras (Pentax 67, Mamiya RZ, etc) use

more than the Hasselblad. I think there is even a special Pola back for the RZ that uses even

more than the standard area, but still, not the full film with white borders.

Polaroid backs are used to check what will be recorded on film, and how it will be recorded on film.<br>So you need to see exactly that, and anything else (like 'full frame' Polaroids) is of little or no use.<br><br>If you just want Polaroids to help you remember who was who and what was what again, use an SX or similar Polaroid machine.

I know what these are for, I was just curious as to why I could have sworn I had seen full frame Polaroids taken with a Hasselblad. I actually am playing around with image transfers so a full frame Polaroid would be useful, but it's nothing major. I simply wanted to know what I didn't know.

Thank you all for replies.

Years ago I was using Mamiya RZ and the image on polaroid is 7x7. I remember I had to shot

extra polaroid for the stylist and sometimes for the model, too. Those days are over... no

more polaroid. Just look to the monitor. (models still shoot my monitor with their handphone

or pocket digital camera)

The construction of the Hasselblad's body allows only 6x6cm. That's all.<br>

If you buy a large format camera and a 545 Polaroid back, you will have 4x5" pictures.<br>

About the Mamiya RB/RZ, the revolving back allows either a 6 x 7 cm picture in portrait or a 7 x 6 cm picture in landscape, Thus the complete format is 7 x 7. No mistery.<br>

Yes, I just realized this, but I was confused because, like I said, I thought I heard some people were using Hasselblad's to make Polaroids that filled the picture -- whether the Polaroid was smaller so the picture filled the Polaroid, or something else, I didn't know, so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for the info.