Secondhand Macbook pro 2Ghz CD????

As of right now (13 may 07) there are loads of Cheap (less than?600) Macbook Pro's of the Core Duo

type being offered in the UK. Now I was going to wait till Leopard was launched before upgrading my

G4 ibook, but this is a steal.

Well err they might well have been!

I use Canons DPP to convert RAW files to tiffs, then play in Photoshop 7 before printing through canons

Software. But obviously this is slow and you dont use too many layers.

I am planning to streamline my workflow with Aperture, as it covers 95% of my needs. Then burn to CD

(at the moment looking to change to DVD's) and save RAW's onto an External drive.

I use Final cut express extensively for Nature and underwater video editing, documenting lifestyles, and

home use promotional marketing: all running in and out of another External drive

I also use Dreamweaver in an incredibly amerture fashion.

And I would use the Windows Operating system for Garmin, streetmap, Abyss dive and some other

Unfriendly software that I own.

Now is it worth sprining for one of these or should I wait for Leopard?

Will I have any regrets about buying a CoreDuo 2Ghz over a Core2Duo? Bare in mind where I am coimg

from, anything will be 2x as fast.

Actually I have just had a reply from the second chap, and funnily enough both gents I have now

contacted are in Italy at the moment, and are offering to pay for the TNT costs...

Now how does this scam go?

If I persuade him to send to me, and I pay the TNT chap upon arrival, do I loose out?

Appreciate any coments, and If you are a Gent in Italy honestly trying to sell your Macbook Pro: I'm

sorry I guess Western coorporate ethics have made me cynical!

If you are going to pay cash on delivery then make sure that delivery is not just of a brick filled box. You must open the box contents, switch on the system to see it is exactly what you had paid for and they settle up. I would recommend using as escrow service to be on the safe side.

Yep reported it to those great guys on Gumtree; let them sort it out.

It appears that the negative element has crept into the Antipodean web.

So I will sit this one out till Leopard is out. ?200 saving is just not worth it. considering

you get lower spec and have to pay for leopard later...

If you can hold out until October's Leopard debut, do so. New laptops, iMacs and Mac Minis will probably be out next month, and revisions with the bugs removed will be out in time for the Leopard launch. And you won't have to purchase an OS upgrade.