It's May1st and no new Canon rebate

mary_f2

I see by some of the expired rebates listed on the Canon website they often start on the 15th of the month. I doubt they would announce a rebate much in advance of it's start date, so I think we have to wait until at least May 15th before we can completely abandon hope for a spring rebate.

If there is a rebate, I suspect that it won't be a big one on anything but maybe the 5D, where maybe it could be $200 or so.

If I really wanted a lens, I might be tempted to buy it now. If I was going to buy a 5D, I'd probably wait for the 15th. After the 15th, I'd give up ALL hope of any spring rebate program.

Then all you have to worry about is whether Canon will bring out a new version of whatever you buy right now in their September announcements, so maybe you have to wait another 4 months. Then of course it might not be worth buying anything untill the fall rebates are announced in October...then there's PMA 2008...

I'm still right there with you, Mary. I should've picked up a 5D and a lens during the fall/winter rebate period, but I was "sure" Canon had a replacement ready for a March announcement.

I don't really *need* anything, so I'm just going to wait. I really don't want to spend more than $2,500 for a 5D. I can wait until the next rebate period or the 5D goes on closeout when its successor debuts.

Keep eyes on D3LL. Although they don't do it as often as before, some time they offer 20% or 25% off (but retail price). In some special cases, one may also be able to stack another 10% coupon, which makes the price lower than any trustable retailers.