Speedotron 2401a and 2401b power problems

jbsyren05

I recieved a speedorton studio lighting kit from a friends to mess around with a couple of months ago and

have been playing around with it. I have the 2401a and 2401b power packs and four 102 flash heads.

My question is what's the lowest flash output possible for this combination? I'm pretty sure it's 200 watts,

but I don't have a manual and have been just learning my trial and error. The problem with this, as far as

I can figure out, is that I have way too much power even at the lowest setting (2 heads, 400ws combine). I

pretty much have to shoot everything at iso 100, 1/250, and f/22, and it sucks.

A related problem to this is that when I have 2 heads in 400ws and isolate, the heads will not fire. Does

anybody know why this is?

Is there any way to reduce the power of these units without using diffusion and filters? I think the answer

to this probably to get a less powerful pack, but I wanted to see what everything thinks.

Thanks.

I don't remember precisely and I don't have one close by but you should refer on the chart silkcreened in red on the pack showing you the different combination that can be achived and wich channel goes the lowest.As for the 400 WS setting Outlet not firing it is probably slight oxydation of the socket pins that could likely be cleared with contact cleaner bought from Radio Shack style stores, spraying them on the front and plugging unplugging the heads several times.Most using these 2400WS packs hardly ever used these outlets