Anyone tried Genius Cameras? Prices look insain

Ok, I must start of by saying I have never bought photo stuff online from anyone

but the big guys. However, this geniuscameras.com has Canon 5D's for less than

$2000 and 30D's for less than $1000 and the lens I want for like $200 less than

anyone else. So wanting to save as much as possible this looks like the

cheapest place.

They make it LOOK secure at least. Are they reliable? Can I make a reliable

exchange if the product is defective? Anyone tried them out? Thanks, J.D.

The prices look insane because they are pure fantasy. Use your head - if it sounds too good to be true ...

As for the site LOOKing secure ... that's exactly what dirt bags like these thieving assholes want you to think. ANYBODY can make a site look secure, and if you want to rip people off that's step one of the process.

what these guys are just a gray market company. Meaning that they buy in Japan, Australia where things are cheaper. Ship them to the US and sell them. But most of the things they sell the North American branches wouldn't recognize. There fore if you buy a Nikon from a gray market company, The us branch of Nikon would not give you warranty or repairs. you have to ship it to wherever it was bought and have that branch do the repairs. Simply not good way to buy things, i know some people that buy lenses that way since you don't have to repair them as often as i camera body would be of you drop it or water falls into it. So just buy American models and go to eBay and get some good but cheap lenses.

It's not that they sell grey market, it's that they are out-and-out scammers. They force a huge upsell in things that are supposed to be in the camera package (like the battery) and the price gets up to more than B&H. Or, nothing ever shows and it takes six months to clear out the credit charges, during which time they have been making money on your money.

They have a 0.36/10 at Reseller Ratings.

Remember "Crazy Eddy"? Their prices really were insane. How did they do it? Anyway they could. Sell refurbished or returned items as new then cook their books to make it look like they were going great guns to attract new investors. Drove all the legitimate places in NY out of business. Poor old Eddy Antar wound up in jail for a long long time.