nagya

What software is good to use with Asuka book to design the pages. I am not fast

enough with photo shop to build each page from scrap. I would like to be able

to drag and drop the images into a template and send it to them for printing. I

have never printed with asuka but they have been recommended by another

photographer. Any help would be great!

Thanks

Amanda

Something like Yervant's Page Gallery might work. If you use another program other than

Photoshop, make sure you set the page size, output format, etc. correct so that it matches

Asuka's templates and will pass their File Checker. <p>

Photoshop is not too difficult once you get the hang of it. Once you do, it can be pretty fast

and more flexible than anything else. And once you do a couple books, you can start

accumulating your own templates to work with to drop images into. I think most wedding

photographers just use Photoshop for most album designs.<p>

Indesign is another option but it's more for graphic designers. There's pros and cons for

both photoshop and indesign.

I tried a couple of page builder software packages when I first started designing. I spent so much time trying to over ride the pages that it was actually a lot slower. Asuka provides templates for every page, all you have to do is copy and paste your images onto the templates, then manipulate them into your design. It's much faster for me and it's not a cookie cutter design, every one is unique.

Asukabook is designing software with K.Kubota to make the process you describe more user friendly and similar to what others like Art Leather do. You may want to contact Asukabook to find out more and avoid making an investment in software that becomes obsolete in a matter of months. By the way, there are a ton of other album makers with template software that will do as minimum as you want, or as much as take your pictures and deliver a finished product for books and prices that may not be that much higher than Asukabook. I figured you'd know this, but just wanted to reiterate.

<I>"It sounds like I'm going to have to work through photoshop."</I>

<P>

Not necessarily. Lumapix's Photofusion was suggested already by Mike Broadwater, and it does not use or require Photoshop. It's what I use to put albums together. It's fast & easy to use, if a little quirky. Less than $90 for the version I use. Here's a sample.<div>00KwPA-36247984.JPG.5abf8dad64b5cfd34760577aad5d2e06.JPG</div>

• 1 month later...
I just wanted to say thanks so much for your help. I created the entire albumn in PS and after the 1st cople of pages I really got the hang of it and it was no big deal at all. I guess it was like anything else it's the jumping in part that's scary, but once your in it's no big deal.