Wedding Albums and Photo Books - Resources? UK based

steve.elliott

I have my first real wedding coming-up which I'm doing for free. I'm still

undecided on weither to use my Epson R2400 and print on Epson A4 Premium Semi-

Gloss paper (my favourite) or use an online lab.

Anyway, has anybody tried these photo books you can get? It seems like a good

way to simplyfy things and keep costs down - printing and binding all taken

care of.

What about professional wedding albums? From what I've seen online they seem

as if they're setup for professional studios - not somebody trying to get into

the business. I don't want to buy a cheap photo album either. Options for

someone in my position?

Thanks in advance, Steve.

Stephen, one option you may consider - especially if you're new to the world of albums - is to outsource your album page design. We design digital albums (flush-mount, magazine-style) for photographers who'd rather not for one reason or the other. And for some - we even handle the complete album: design, printing and binding using online labs and leading album companies. Since you're in UK, you'd likely want to handle the printing and binding yourself.

Be happy to share what we've learned. Our site: www.storybookpages.com. E-mail for advice.

<p>Not sure if it's up to the standard you're looking for, but I <a href="http://

www.zx81.org.uk/photography/photo-book-group-test-part-1.html">reviewed three

different photobook printers</a> on my website last year. I had books of my wedding

printed by Apple (iPhoto), MyPublisher and PhotoBox.</p>

<p>Later last year I <a href="http://www.zx81.org.uk/photography/my-life-as-a-wedding-

photographer.html">photographed two further weddings</a> and used the Apple option for

both.</p>

Hi Stephen,

Ive been looking at Hoffman, as far as a Photo book is concerned they appear OK, background material is lacking so I set about designing my own Hi Res backgrounds, makes the world of difference, used Photoshop 6, no need for anything elaborate like CS3 etc. Have seen some complaints re Graphi and I tend to think they are a little overpriced, you even have to pay for a preview of the album, not with Hoffman you design your own, they supply the software, and then download it for printing. Very reasonable on prices but it's down to the backgrounds you put in, once you get your head around this it's very easy to master.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Adrian.

Link www.digitalalbum.com