Nikon D200

northwest

Very unlikely I would think to find one made in Japan. I think they are all made in Thailand but I'm not for sure. The lenses I think are still made in Japan. I wouldn't worry about it, most electronics are built all over the Asian region. It would still have to meet Nikon's quality standards regardless of where it's built. Mine seems very well made.

The Nikon factory for the D200 is in Thailand, so that's where they come from. I think I heard some early pre-release units came from Japan, but the only possible reason to want one of those would be to sell it at a very high price to someone hung up on the place of manufacture. For actual picture taking, you want a properly debugged production unit from Thailand.

Some Nikkor lenses, however, are made in China. As someone suggested above, the accessories from which the camera bodies are assembled could be manufactured in various countries throught the region.

PS: I am not sure what are the international laws or the laws in Thailand with labeling the products. Here, in Australia, something is made in Australia does not mean all the components used in manufacturing the product have been also manufactured in Australia. If there's a label, Product of Australia, then the product and all the components used were produced in Australia.