W/NW: Max ISO comparison

Here are a couple of desk test-shots from my Pentax *ist DL2 (6mp) at max ISO (3200), shot originally in

PEF (raw) format.

I've developed them in Adobe Lightroom (not too much manipulation) and converted them to b&w. As I'm

about to go for an M8 plus 2 lenses, I wonder how it compares at max ISO? Can anyone post indoor

images for comparison?<div>00Kf5F-35900684.jpg.09dda3ca835642a5f7dacfc50da3e6ca.jpg</div>

<i>...but the shots above do show how the standard Pentax kit lenses cope with oof areas</i>

<p>

Dave,

<p>

Tend to disagree a little on this statement. Reasoning being that the distance front and rear of the focal plane here is very short and consists of softly lit surfaces. Most lens that deliver disturbing OOF characterists will tend to show up under greater distances from the focal plane and with brighter light sources in those areas, especially specular light sources.

Craig,

Actually, you're probably right, but I think that the performance above is satisfactory for

lenses that cost 'peanuts'!

I know the shots are not the most stunning I've ever produced, but I was fairly pleased

with the 3200 performance of my budget dSLR and wondered how M8 user's max ISO

shots compared?

Dave.

No problem Dave...

At the size of image they certainly look ok. Just make sure your "Headphones" has the white point set to take a little of that "mid-tone" look away. But they certainly dont look like digital iso 3200 shots! But what would I know, I only play with film :)) Im sure others will help you here on the M8 questions...

Craig