What is the best editing software?

o._wagner

I've been reading about Lightroom for managing large volumes of photos. How

great is it? I'm running a PC (XP) and I have Photoshop CS. I don't have

Bridge or anything else. I'm looking for something to quickly edit (view and

delete) RAW files and sort them into folders. I've also heard about Photo

Mechanic, but for the extra money I'd rather have Lightroom.

What program do you use?

It sounds like you are a PC user, so this may be worthless information for you, but I really love to use Aperature. It's a great program for organizing the pictures after a shoot and batch processing. And, if you have to do some work in Photoshop, you can open the file from Aperature in Photoshop and it saves the changes as a separate version.

>>> if you have to do some work in Photoshop, you can open the file from Aperature in

Photoshop and it saves the changes as a separate version.

<p>

Lightroom also does this... Open a file for editing in Photoshop and it saves the .psd file as a

stacked version of the original.

I can't resist contributing to the Lightroom vs Aperture debate. I can only say, I started out using Lightroom Beta and decided it wasn't quite ready for prime time. I switched to Aperture 1.5 and really liked it. Then I tried Lightroom 1.0 final now I sold on Lightroom again. I guess the moral of the story is: Both programs are absolutely wonderful!! It really boils down to personal preference. But I must say "Lightroom Rocks"! Especially considering it's a 1.0 version. I can't wait for it to mature for a few years.