New website with Leica images

<p>In case it's of interest to anyone...</p>

<p>I've been working on a personal project since January. Each month I've been

shooting a series of b+w street photographs, and my collection has now grown

large enough to justify its own website. The majority of the images are shot

with an M6 or an M7, which may be of interest to some people here.</p>

<p>If it's the kind of thing you're interested in, please take a look at: <a

href="http://36photos.org">36photos.org</a>.</p>

Neil, Good eye to see all the possibilities. Agree with David about #28 for visual simplicity

and repeating patterns. Of course that also means I'm partial to #5 and #13. That's my

personal preference, and I don't mean it to be critical of the other excellent images. All in

all, an enjoyable visual experience. And if you're snapping photos and driving at the same

time, please warn me when and where you're at it.

<p>Thanks to everyone who has taken a look, and those who have been kind enough to

share their reactions. I appreciate the comments, and will continue to post new work on the

site each month. Thanks also for the suggestions, which I will incorporate into future

revisions.</p>

<p>BTW - I'm a passenger when I'm photographing from cars; it's something I find livens up

otherwise dull journeys :-)</p>

If you keep the website limited to 36 images, I will bet that only 1 or 2 of the images now posted will be posted 3 years from now. I have been shooting street for 25 years. I have a portfolio of 30 silver gelatin prints. Hardly any of my early work is in the portfolio. Conversly, it is almost impossible to shoot an image currently that ends up replacing one of my portfolio images. The longer you shoot, the harder it is to get a "good" photo. Rising standards over time.

Very nice. About 21: I caught myself wishing that the women on the right side, who appears to be looking at the couple, was more clearly visible. Then I realized that if she had been more clearly visible, I wouldn't have given it a second thought. Good job.

<p><em>If you keep the website limited to 36 images, I will bet that only 1 or 2 of the images now posted will be posted 3 years from now... Rising standards over time.</em></p>

<p>John, I couldn't agree more. In fact, not even sure if there'd be two or three that would make the cut. It's one of the reasons why I decided to post 36 each month. It's a good way to measure any improvement.</p>

<p>Do you have an online portfolio? I'd love to see your top 30.</p>