Clients standing you up

marc s

I really like the practicality and sense you've made in how you book your clients (and meet

with potential ones).

Since meeting at my residence is not practical, I usually meet at a local coffee shop that

has a breakout room to conduct business. Since it's only a couple of miles from my home,

I'm going to follow the advice I've read and just stick with one place and have them come

to that location. Fortunately, I'm finding that I'm getting most of my work from the sisters

and relatives of those couples I have already shot.

Regards

"You left a message and that is good enough"

No it isnt.

No one talked to the bride who handled the matter. There is no confirmation that there will be no shoot under the circumstances. The bride may be under the impression that there was an agreement to shoot a certain day for money. Absent communication that a signed agreement is required, an agreement could have been reached. In other words a contract formed. Not all terms of a contract need to be agreed on for a binding contract to exist.

Even where no contractual obligations exist, people may unreasonbly believe one does. People who communicate poorly are more prone to these interpretations.

A message left with a third party (even a fiance) is not enough. there is sufficuent information above about what to do.

Hi John,

I did more than leave one message. I left two messages on her phone and called the other

number on her cell phone announcement, which happened to be her boyfriend. So, a total

of three calls.

I agree that in her mind she may actually believe the obligation exists. However, I don't

really know what else I can do. So I believe I went above and beyond what I'm called to do.

She has at least some responsibility on her part. Only time will tell.

Thanks for the response.

Regards,

No address? Wow.

Well, there's another checklist item to cover during an initial contact. Get their address. Despite the hassles here, the organizational measures that you will likely use will help prevent hassles in the future. Of course new hassles will arise but that's part of the business.

You're correct. Sounds like I set myself up for some failure here, didn't it.... I will have a

checklist with the address the next time. In fact, I'll be putting it to use today when I contact

a couple who want to meet with me. Thanks for the advice