!

C R Utra

the brevity of the comments in response to your post may have some direct link to the notion that no one understands exactly why you chose the exclamation mark to introduce an apparently very subdued photographic of a woman (?) wearing a shirt that says Baden Baden (I need a new prescription for my eyeglasses so I cant swear to that) and who seems to be standing somewhere like an indoor food zone in a cafe...where I live is often dull but this photo doesnt strike me as fully resonant with the excitement that an exclamation point might lead me to hope for....and you did say comments were welcome. If you think this photo says a lot or says more, clue us in.

From her stance, I imagine she must be lighting a cig or playing a whistle. Maybe the latter, as the other couple are watching her (or the photographer). Although maybe she has her arms folded, and the bloke has unconsciously copied her posture.

It is very difficult to decipher, Carlos, and the post makes for a visually cluttered image. Please don't be offended.

Carlos, I think your photograph deserves an extensive critique.

Okay, the tile "!" is not good. Believe it or not titles are extremely important for visual

images. The tite promised excitment and it did not deliver. Hence, the immediate

reactions. It's a good lesson, though unfortunately not a pleasant one.

I do not know what this photograph is about. On reflection the main problem is that that

too much is going on. Thus, nothing goes on because the various elements in the

photograph cancel each other out. I've cropped this photograph and retitled it. You may

not like it. It is only an experiment. I've rid the photograph of what I think are the

excessive elements. Doing so has created (I hope) some kind of tension.

Here it is:<div>00Kdhp-35877684.jpg.736f27ed155a562043e1af543af29d25.jpg</div>

I would guess the impact is supposed to be the Baden Baden on her shirt mimicking the sign in the background. Unfortunately the original image posted is too small to readily see this...until you blow it up it is just a soft image of a womans back with no apparent point of interest. I'd give it a pass myself.

Well, now I see comments. Alex, I do like your crop, but I couldn't understand (pardon my naivety) yours and Stephen's comment (the image makes you chukle or the photographer?). Maybe this is not a good image, I agree, but I just would like to see comments about it. Thank you.