Has Rollei stop their TLR production?

wuyeah

Funnily, when you go to the German language version of the Rollei website there is a clear

statement saying that the professional Rollei line of cameras is being produced and

serviced by Franke & Heidecke, with a link to their website:

http://www.rollei.com/dt/index.html

"Franke & Heidecke GmbH

Das Unternehmen f�hrt am Standort Braunschweig die Fertigung von professionellen

fototechnischen Produkten, feinmechanisch-optischen Komponenten sowie

Hochleistungsobjektiven weiter. Auߥrdem �bernimmt Franke & Heidecke GmbH,

Feinmechanik und Optik exklusiv den weltweiten Vertrieb der Profiprodukte und bietet

selbstverst䮤lich auch den Service f�r diese Produkte an."

OK, I'll translate that German text then, so that all will know what is really going on.

"Franke & Heidecke GmbH

This company continues the production of professional photo-technical products,

precision optical components as well as high quality lenses from their base in Brunswick.

Additionally Franke & Heidecke GmbH exclusively takes over the worldwide sales of the

professional products and naturally offers service for these products.

Further information about medium format products and slide projectors can be found

here." (And then a link to F&H.)

I agree it would have been smarter to make this statement in English as well. But then

again: which US or UK based companies make their statements available in other

languages than English? I think this is typical behaviour for companies operating in large

countries. Their home market is what they are mostly concentrated at. Germany, France,

Spain and Italy are notorious examples in this respect generally. I'm from a tiny little

country where everybody speaks at least two foreign languages, or at least attempts to.

We probably have a better understanding of our position in the world at large because we

are not big enough to keep afloat at just our home market.