Books

expats

Does anyone have recommendations for books on Canon EOS DSLRs?

Anyone seen: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi/400D Digital Field Guide by Charlotte

K. Lowrie or Magic Lantern Guides: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi EOS 400D (Magic

Lantern Guides) by Michael Guncheon?

Any other thoughts on books related to Canon DSLRs?

Thanks!

Hi Steve, While I do think there's room for improvement with regards to Canon's manuals, they usually do cover the basic operations of the camera(s) pretty thoroughly. The Magic Lantern book for my camera wasn't much help - unless one loses their manual - because it basically just repeated what was in the manual, just wording it a little differently.<P>

You might consider a visit to Canon's online <a href="http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=HomePageAct">Digital Learning Center.</a> (I'm pretty sure you'll need Adobe Flash player installed) <P>

If that doesn't work then by all means try a book. I'd identify what you feel is still a bit fuzzy to you after reading the manual to make sure that whatever book you choose covers it better. Good luck!

I agree with Beau. I bought a Magic Latern guide for my film Canon T2 and although it was useful it didn't go above and beyond what was already in my Canon manual. These guides may be different for dSLRs but maybe not. I'm sure you can find a used, cheap one on Ebay or Amazon if you really need one. I have found books really helpful at the editing end of dSLR usage, esp. if you are using Photoshop.